IBPS PO Exams are the most popular Government exam that is taken by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection Probationary Officer, every year. As per the numbers, almost 30 lakhs candidates fill up the exam forms every year for this exam, and almost 25 lakhs eligible candidates show up for the same.
This year we are expecting the IBPS to release the official notification in August. Here are some more details about the IBPS PO Exam this year.
IBPS PO 2019 EXAM DATES
As per the released calendar of the IBPS, the following are the dates for IBPS PO Exams this year.
- July-Aug 2019– Commencement of Online Registration, Last Date for Online Application
- 12th, 13th,19th, and 20th October 2019– IBPS PO Preliminary exam dates
- 30th November 2019– IBPS PO main exam dates
IBPS PO 2019 NOTIFICATION
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection will soon release the notification for IBPS PO Exams. Candidates who clear the exam are eligible to be posted anywhere in India.
IBPS PO 2019 Vacancy
Every year we see a huge number of candidates appearing for the exam. And every year the IBPS gives many vacancies. IBPS has released 4252 vacancies for PO 2018-2019 Exam.
IBPS PO Exam Centre
You can select your center as you fill the registration form. You will have the scope to select the area of your preference once you are filling your registration form.
IBPS PO Recruitment
A candidate must be qualified in all three exams to qualify for being a Probationary Officer or a Manager Personnel. The three exams are- Online Preliminary Exam, Online Mains Exam, and Interview.
IBPS PO Exam Pattern
Exams pattern for IBPS PO is really simple. There are three processes- Prelims, Mains, and Interview process.
The preliminary exam is of 1 hour in total. There are three sections of the exam.
- English– This section covers a maximum of 30 marks and hence, 30 questions
- Quantitative Aptitude– This section covers a maximum of 35 marks and hence, 35 questions
- Reasoning- This section covers a maximum of 35 marks and hence, 35 questions
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude– This section carries 45 questions and up to 60 marks. The timing allocated is 60 mins.
- English– This section carries 35 questions and up to 40 marks. You get 40 mins.
- Data Analysis & Interpretation– This section carries 35 questions and up to 60 marks. You get 45 mins
- General Economy & Banking Awareness– Carries 40 questions and up to 40 marks. You get 35 mins.
- English Language (Letter Writing & Essay)- Two questions carrying 25 marks and 30 mins.
IBPS PO Syllabus 2019
The syllabus is the same for all the candidates who appear in these exams. One has to be prepared in all the sections.
IBPS PO Eligibility Criteria 2019
There must be two criteria fulfilled for being an eligible candidate for IPBS PO Exams. Firstly, the candidate as on 1st August 2019, needs to ensure that their age is falling between the age group of 20 to 30 years.
Secondly, the eligibility comes into the play with the candidate to must have a Bachelor Degree from a recognized name, and under any subject or discipline.
IBPS PO 2019 Application Fee
- Rs. 600- For candidates under the General and OBC Category
- Rs. 100- For candidates under the SC/ST/PWD Category
IBPS PO Admit Card 2019
The IBPS PO Admit card for 2019 will be released in September 2019. Soon after the release by IBPS, the candidates can download their Admit Cards for the Preliminary Exams from the official website. Usually, you can download them 15 days before the exam.
IBPS PO Result 2019
The results for the IBPS PO exams are announced separately after each stage of the exam. So a candidate will receive the results for prelims, mains, and the interview process separately.
IBPS PO Cut Off 2019
Just as the IBPS PO Exam Results, the IBPS PO Cut off is also released individually after every exam. The following was last year’s cut-offs-
- General– 82.00
- OBC– 75.63
- ST– 62.50
- SC- 42.25
- HI (Hearing Impaired)- 47.75
- VI (Visually Impaired)- 77.87
- OC (Orthopedically Challenged)- 59.63
- ID (Intellectual Disability)- 55.00
IBPS PO Preparation 2019
To prepare for IBPS PO, the candidate must work on upgrading themselves as per the exam patterns. Also, they must be updated with any change in the syllabus.
There are four primary divisions in the preliminary exam. The candidate must be well prepared with every division as the frequency from each of those divisions differs. Last year, we saw some changes in the Mains. In the Mains, there now will consist of a descriptive exam along with a General Awareness exam.
Know your formulae and the basics, and then you are all set for this section. Topics that are frequently there in the exam are Simplification, Profit & Loss, Number Series, Ratio & Proportion, Percentage & Averages, Mixtures & Allegations, Work & Time Time & Distance, Sequence & Series, Quadratic Equation, Permutation & Combination, Simple Interest & Compound Interest, etc.
English can be tricky or easy- it depends. You can brush up on paragraph jumbles, reading comprehension, Error Spotting, Sentence Correction, para completion, fill in the blanks, etc.
This is definitely a challenging area and hence, requires a candidate to be careful. They can brush up on chapters like Alphanumeric Series, Seating Arrangement, Syllogism, Input-Output, Ranking/Direction/Alphabet test, Coding-Decoding, Data sufficiency, Puzzle, Logical Reasoning, etc.
For this section, the candidate must be updated with the current affairs and up-to-date with all the latest, major events.
Computer Hardware and Software, History of computers, Basic Computer Terminologies, Operating System, and Networking, etc. are some of the common topics that give major questions. This is an important exam in the Mains.