Want admission to the MBBS or BDS after your 10+2 level examination? Then, the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2019 can open the door for you. Recently, the National Testing Agency(NTA) has released a notification for the General Ability Test to get admission to these courses through this mentioned examination. So, it’s time to gear up for securing your future.
If you are thinking like where you are going to get all the related information, then you are just at the right place my friend. Details of eligibility criteria, application fee, selection procedure and more are here. So, without wasting much time, scroll now and have the full scoop!
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2019- Highlights
|Examination||National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET)
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency
|Level Of Examination||National
|Last Date Of Submitting Online Application Form||December 7, 2018
|Admit Card Release Date||April 15, 2019
|NEET 2019 Exam Date||May 5, 2019
|Date of Result Declaration||June 5, 2019|
|Seat Intake For MBBS||66771|
|Seat Intake For BDS||27060|
Scope of NEET
If you want to pursue a career in the medical field then preparing for NEET will be a good option for you. If you crack this examination then several doors will be opened for you. Look below to know the golden opportunities which you will get if you seat for this National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2019 examination.
- You can get admission to medical or dental courses in India after cracking NEET (Only AIIMS & JIPMER is not included)
- All the AYUSH courses- whatever is available in the country, will be opened for you
- Except for the colleges of Jammu & Kashmir, 15% of all India Quota seats will be available in veterinary colleges in the country
- You can pursue MBBS & BDS abroad as well!
Now, you already know about the scopes and opportunities that NEET offers.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2019- Eligibility Criteria
There are certain criteria, that you have to fulfil to be eligible for this NEET 2019 examination. The applications from all the ineligible candidates won’t be accepted. So, don’t forget to check the eligibility criteria before going to fill the form. Look down, here is the clear overview.
You have at least be 17 years old to be eligible for this examination. whoever has the age above 25 years can also apply. For the reserved or PWD category candidates- you can apply even your age is above 30 years. The revised date of birth is on or, after 05th May 1994 and before 31st December 2002.
However, if you are thinking about the upper age limit then, let us tell you that the upper age limit has been removed by the Supreme Court as per the interim order. The final decision will be taken on February.
But, until the news becomes official you can see the age relaxation by looking down.
For the SC/ST candidates, the upper age relaxation is of 05 years.
OBC candidates have age relaxation of 05 years and same goes with the PH candidates also.
Here go the age criteria now it’s time to know the Educational criteria. Take a look.
You have to qualify Class 12 or some equivalent examination to be eligible for this National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2019. The subject combination required to be eligible for this exam, is Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English. And of course, you have to pass on these subjects individually, no matter whatever your average marks are.
One more thing, your degree should be under any recognized board and you must get at least 50% to be eligible. The aggregate of 50% marks is for the unreserved category candidates only, for the physically handicapped and reserved category candidates the required obtaining marks are different. As in, PH candidates should get 45% marks and reserved category candidates should get 40% marks to be eligible for this examination.
Additional Biology and Open School Students
Here is a good news for all the 12th passed candidates who are from open schools or who had Biology as their additional subject. These candidates are also eligible for NEET 2019. However, the ultimate status of eligibility depends on the Special Leave Petitions/Appeals filed by the Medical Council of India (MCI).
Number of Attempts
You can attempt for this NEET examination as many times as you want to. There are no such limitations for the number of attempts. You just have to eligible and your age must satisfy the required criteria.
If you satisfy all the criteria and looking for the procedures of submitting the application form then you should look down. Get the application procedures within a few scrolls.
How To Apply For NEET 2019?
The release date of the application form of NEET 2019 was 1st November 2018. And the closing date for submitting the online application form is December 7, 2018. You can submit the application fee till December 8. The release mode of releasing and submitting the application form is online.
Now you must follow the below steps to get your application fill-up process done.
- At first, the Registration process comes. Provide your mail id, contact number and other personal details to register for the first time.
- Now, you can log in to fill the application form, by using your id and password used at the time of registration.
- In the page of the application form, you need to put all of your detailed info including the personal and academic info. And don’t forget to go through it carefully before hitting the submit button.
- Once you submit your application form then you need to upload the scanned images of your photograph and signature. You need to upload those images properly and the images should be according to the specifications as notified by the NTA.
- After completing all these processes you need to pay the application fees now. and this is the final stage of completing the application procedures. The mode of paying application fee will be online.
- General/OBC-NCL Candidates have to pay Rs. 1,400/-
- SC/ST/PH/Transgender Candidates have to pay Rs. 750/-
- Now, you have to print out the confirmation page, after paying the fee. It is for future use.
That’s it! You are done with the application submission process now. You must check the selection process and syllabus to make your preparation compact. Scroll now for more information. There are other details about Gujarat High Court Recruitment 2018 and more.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2019- Exam Pattern
Mode of the examination will be offline(Pen and paper mode). The duration of the examination will be of 3 hours 02:00 pm to 05:00 pm. There will be 180 questions that you have to answer within this time.
There will be three sections in the question paper.
- Section 1- Physics, 45 questions will be there
- Section 2- Chemistry- 45 questions you have to answer
- and Section 3- Biology- 90 questions will be there
Marking scheme of NEET 2019 is,
- you will get +4 marks for each correct answer
- -1 mark for each wrong answer
- and, 0 mark for all the unattempted questions.
The maximum marks will be- 720 marks.
And the aggregate score will be calculated on the basis of,
Total number of correct answers X 4 – Total number of incorrect answers X 1
Now it’s time to know the syllabus in brief.
National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2019- Syllabus
There is no change in the syllabus of NEET 2019. So, the syllabus will be exactly the same as it was in the previous year. It comprises Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. The NCERT curriculum of class 11 and 12 will be in the syllabus of NEET 2019. As in, you have to read the whole syllabus of class 11 and 12 in order to prepare better for the examination.
That’s it, Guys! We have provided all the major information related to this NEET 2019. Now, follow previous years question papers, mark the important topics and prepare well. Your golden career is waiting for you. Best of luck!