Looking forward to grabbing a Government job? The Railway Recruitment Board of Jammu is giving you the opportunity. They have released a notification regarding recruitment of 367 candidates this year. And we are here to update you with every bit of information regarding RRB Jammu Recruitment 2018.
Read further to know about the vacant posts, eligibility criteria, selection process, syllabus & marks allocations, important dates, how to apply process and others important details. Gather much relevant information from here and start preparing for your exam days.
RRB Jammu Recruitment 2018- 367 Various Vacant Posts
The Railway Recruitment Board of Jammu has invited applications from the interested candidates to fill their 367 various vacant posts. For Northern Railway there are 275(ALP- 189 & Technician- 86) posts are vacant. For Railway coach factory 92( ALP-0 & Technician- 92) posts are vacant. So if you want to start a career in Indian Railway Department, then this is the golden opportunity for you. Know the further details given below especially eligibility criteria. And if you fulfill the one, apply for your desired post as soon as possible.
Assistant Loco Pilot(ALP)
There are 189 vacant Assistant Loco Pilot posts for Northern Railway of India. The Railway Recruitment Board of Jammu is going to appoint the candidates in this vacant posts from Jammu and surrounding area.
There are 86 vacant Technician Grade-III posts under Northern Railway of India & 92 vacant posts under Railway Coach Factory of India. The RRB Jammu board is going to appoint the candidates from Jammu and surrounding zone.
Have a look at the other posts that you can apply for,
- Traffic Apprentice(TA)
- Enquiry-cum-Reservation Clerk
- Goods Guard
- Junior Accounts Assistant-cum-Typist
- Senior Clerk-cum-Typist
- Assistant Station Master
Now have a look at the other important details that are almost similar for all of the above-mentioned posts.
If you belong to General or OBC category, you have to pay- Rs. 500/-
For SC/ ST or PWD category candidates, you have to pay- Rs. 250/-
If you are a Female candidate or Ex-Serviceman, you have to pay- Rs. 250/-
Starting Date & Ending Date of Application Submission
You can start to apply for the vacant posts on 03.02.18
The link will be closed for application submission on 31.03.18
Educational Qualification Requirements For ALP & Technicians
- You will be eligible for the vacant posts if you have done Electrical Engineering with the combination of various streams of Electrical Engineering, like…
Refrigeration and Air
- You will be eligible for the vacant posts if you have done Electronics Engineering and combination of various streams of Electronics Engineering, like…
Mechanic Radio & TV
- You will be eligible for the vacant posts if you have done Mechanical Engineering and combination of various streams of Mechanical Engineering like…
Mechanic Motor Vehicle
Refrigeration and Air
Millwright Maintenance Mechanic
- You will be eligible for the vacant posts if you have done Automobile Engineering and combination of various streams of Automobile Engineering like-
Mechanic Motor Vehicle
Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Mechanic
- You will be eligible for the vacant posts if you have done HSC(10+2) with Physics and Maths with the trades like…
According to the official notice CEN 01/2018, as mentioned in the para 137(2)(ii) of the Indian Railway Establishment Manual Vol.1 revised in 1989(Reprint in 2009), the standard lower age limit for ALP and Technician post of all category candidates is 18 years and the standard upper age limit is,
- 27 years for UR candidates
- For OBC category candidates it is 30 years &
- For SC/ST category candidates the upper age limit is 32 years
As a temporary measurement till 03.02.2015, the age relaxation has been applied.
- For SC & ST category candidates the upper age limit is 5 years
- BC-Non Creamy Layer category candidates have an upper age relaxation of 3 years
- For the Ex-Servicemen candidates who have put in more than
6 months service after attestation they have an upper age relaxation is
up to the extent of service rendered in Defence plus 3 years
- For the persons with disabilities (PWD) UR has an upper age relaxation of 10 Years
- For the PWD OBC-Non Creamy Layer category candidates the upper age relaxation is 13 years
- PWD SC/ST category candidates the upper age relaxation is 15 years
Candidates have ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu &
Kashmir during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 has an upper age relaxation of 5 Years
- Candidates who are serving Group ‘C’ and Erstwhile Group ‘D’ Railway Staff,
Casual Labour and Substitutes in Railways who have put in a minimum of 3 years service (continuous or in broken spells) for UR categories with such experience has an upper age limit is 40 years, for OBC- Non-Creamy
Layer 43 years and for SC/ST candidates the upper age limit is 45 years
- Course Completed Act Apprentices applying for the posts for which minimum qualification is ITI/Course Completed Act Apprenticeship.
Shall be relaxed to the extent of Apprentice Training undergone by them under the Apprentice Act 1961
- Candidates who have Completed the Course, Act Apprentice under the Apprenticeship, Act before attaining the age of 25 years for the UR category candidates the upper age limit is 35 Years
- OBC-NCL (Non-Creamy Layer) upper age limit is 38 Years
SC/ST category candidates have an upper age limit of 40 Years
RRB Jammu Recruitment 2018- Selection Process
There will be 2 parts to select employees for the vacant posts.
Part A includes all the examinations like CBT, CBT(Part A), CBT(Part B)\
& Part B includes the Physical Efficiency Test(PET)
Know about the tests in details.
CBT- Subjects & Topics
Total Marks: 75
Total Number of Questions- 75
Duration- 60 minutes
Mathematics: Mathematics includes-
Number system, BODMAS, Decimal & Fractions, LCM & HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages & Mensuration, Time and Work, Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square Root and Age Calculations
Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern etc
Reasoning: Reasoning includes the following topics-
Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships & Syllogism, Jumbling & Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision Making, Similarities and Differences, Analytical reasoning, Classification & Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc
General Intelligence: The includes topics are as follows
Figures and Pictures, Analogies & Space, Visualization & Similarities, Decision Making & Problem-Solving, Arithmetical Number Series, Differences & Arithmetical Reasoning, Analysis & Judgement, Relationship Concepts, Visual memory & Observation, Discrimination, Verbal and Figure Classification
General Science: The syllabus under this shall cover the Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of the 10th standard level.
General Awareness on Current Affairs: Here are the topics included in the mentioned subject,
Current affairs in Science & Technology, Sports & Culture, Personalities & Economics, Politics and other subjects of importance, etc.
CBT(Part A)- Subjects & Topics
Total Marks: 100
Total Number of Questions- 100
Duration- 90 minutes
Mathematics: The syllabus of mathematics is the same as CBT
General Intelligence & Reasoning: The syllabus of General Intelligence & Reasoning is the same as CBT
Basic Science and Engineering: The mentioned subject includes topics like, Engineering Drawing includes Projections, Views, Drawing Instruments, Lines, Geometric figures & Symbolic, Representation, Units & Measurements, Mass Weight and Density, Work Power and Energy, Speed and Velocity, Heat and Temperature, Basic Electricity, Levers and Simple Machines, Occupational Safety and Health, Environment Education, IT Literacy etc
General Awareness on Current Affairs: The syllabus of General Awareness on Current Affair is the same as CBT
CBT (Part B)
There will be 75 questions to complete within 60 minutes. This part is quite easy to qualify. And this part is only for the technicians.
There will be three stage to select technicians. Take a look…
- The online exam is the first stage
- The Computer-Based Aptitude test is the second stage
- And the third stage is Document Verification
Physical Efficiency Test(PET)
- Have to lift and carry a weight of 35 kg for a distance of 100 meters in a duration of 2 minutes in one chance only without putting down the weight
- Must be able to run for a distance of 1000 meters in 4 minutes and 15 seconds in one chance only
- Have to lift and carry a weight of 20 kg for a distance of 100 meters in a duration of 2 minutes in one chance only without putting down the weight
- Must be able to run for a distance of 1000 meters in 5 minutes and 40 seconds in one chance only
- Need to pass the CBT examinations and after passing only a medical examination will be conducted
RRB Jammu Recruitment 2018- How To Apply
- Visit the official website of RRB Jammu at first
- Then, search for the link provided on the website, to download the application form, you may find the link from the notification section of the page
- Click on the link and after clicking the link you will go to a new page, here you have to provide all of your necessary information in addition to that a passport size recent photograph and your sign
- Click on the submit button. A new window will open and you have to pay the application fee here through the various medium. The fee is different for different category candidates
- Finish the payment process and download the application form. Keep a hard copy of the same for future use
RRB Jammu Recruitment 2018- Important Dates
Here are some important dates that you should keep in mind for downloading the E-Call letter. Have a look.
- For the candidates who have appeared for CBT on 09-08-2018 can start downloading the e-call letter from 05-08-2018
- The candidates who have appeared for CBT on 10-08-2018 can start downloading the e-call letter from 06-08-2018
- For the candidates who have appeared for CBT on 13-08-2018 can start downloading the e-call letter from 09-08-2018
- Who have appeared for CBT on 14-08-2018 can start downloading the e-call letter from 10-08-2018
- The candidates who have appeared for CBT on 17-08-2018 can start downloading the e-call letter from 13-08-2018
- For the candidates who have appeared for CBT on 20-08-2018 can start downloading the e-call letter from 16-08-2018
- Who have appeared for CBT on 21-08-2018 can start downloading the e-call letter from 17-08-2018
- The candidates who have appeared for CBT on 29-08-2018 can start downloading the e-call letter from 25-08-2018
- For the candidates who have appeared for CBT on 30-08-2018 can start downloading the e-call letter from 26-08-2018
- Who have appeared for CBT on 31-08-2018 can start downloading the e-call letter from 27-08-2018
However, I have shared all of the latest information about RRB Jammu Recruitment 2018 in this article. Still, if you have any queries drop it in the comment box. And if you want to get updated with every new detail for similar exams like RRB Siliguri Recruitment 2018 then stay in touch. Whenever something new comes out we will be the first one to inform you through our updates. Best wishes are with you.