Want to grab a Railway job in the Government sector? Here is the golden opportunity for you. The RRB Kolkata has published a notice recently about latest railway vacancies. And here I am to inform you about all the details. I have compiled all the information related to the RRB Kolkata Recruitment 2018.
Read further to know about vacant posts, selection process, eligibility criteria, subjects, marks allocations, and other important details. Collect all the information from here and prepare yourself accordingly.
RRB Kolkata Recruitment 2018- ALP & Technician Vacant Posts
The Railway Recruitment Board of Kolkata has announced early this year that they have almost 2,841 vacant ALP & Technician post. Interested candidates from Kolkata and surrounding area can apply for their desired one. Only the online application is accepted by the Government of India. This is a sparkling opportunity for the job seekers like you from Kolkata.
|Name of the Organization||Railway Recruitment Board of Kolkata|
|Year of Recruitment||2018|
|The strength of vacancy||Almost 2,841 vacant posts are there|
|Starting date of Application Submission||03.02.2018|
|Post||Assistant Loco Pilot (ALP)& Technician|
|Notification||Released online on 10.02.18 this year|
|Mode of application||Online application
|Job Location||Anywhere in Kolkata|
|Ending date of Application Submission||31.03.2018|
|Category of the job||Government jobs of India|
Application Fee: If you belong to General or OBC category, you have to pay- Rs. 500/-
If you belong to SC/ ST or PWD category, you have to pay- Rs. 250/-
If you are a Female candidate or Ex-Serviceman, you have to pay- Rs. 250/-
Educational Qualification Requirements For ALP Post
You must have done engineering to apply for the post. If you have done Matriculation or SSLC along with an ITI degree from an NCVT/ SCVT recognized institution you are also eligible for the post. You need to have an ITI degree in one of the trades like…
- Armature and Coil Winder
- Electrician or Electronics Mechanic
- Fitter or Heat Engine or Instrument Mechanic
- SSLC plus
- Mechanic Diesel
- Mechanic Motor Vehicle
- Millwright or Maintenance Mechanic
- The mechanic of Radio, TV or Refrigerator, Air-conditioner
- Tractor Mechanic or Turner or Wireman
- SSLC plus Course Completed Act Apprenticeship in the trades
- 3 years Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical or Electronics or Automobile
- Engineering or Combination of various streams of these Engineering disciplines
Educational Qualification Requirements For Technician Post
You must have done Matriculation to be eligible for the post. If you have done SSLC plus ITI from a recognized institution of NCVT/SCVT in the trades then you are also eligible for the Technician Grade-III vacant posts.
If you have done the SSLC plus Course Completed Act Apprenticeship in the trades then you are eligible also.
Age Limit Required For ALP & Technician Vacant Post
Your age should be minimum 18 years to a maximum of 28 years to be eligible for the vacant posts. But there is some age relaxation on upper age limit according to the categories.
- For SC & ST category candidates the upper age limit is 5 years
- OBC_Non Creamy Layer category candidates have an upper age relaxation of 3 years
- For the Ex-Servicemen candidates who have put in more than
6 months service after attestation they have an upper age relaxation is
up to the extent of service rendered in Defence plus 3 years
- For the persons with disabilities (PWD) UR has an upper age relaxation of 10 Years
- For the PWD OBC-Non Creamy Layer category candidates the upper age relaxation is 13 years
- PWD SC/ST category candidates the upper age relaxation is 15 years
- Candidates have ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu &
Kashmir during the period from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989 has an upper age relaxation of 5 Years
- Candidates who are serving Group ‘C’ and Erstwhile Group ‘D’ Railway Staff,
Casual Labour and Substitutes in Railways who have put in a minimum of 3 years service (continuous or in broken spells) for UR categories with such experience has an upper age limit is 40 years, for OBC- Non-Creamy
Layer 43 years and for SC/ST candidates the upper age limit is 45 years
- Course Completed Act Apprentices applying for the posts for which minimum qualification is ITI/Course Completed Act Apprenticeship.
Shall be relaxed to the extent of Apprentice Training undergone by them under the Apprentice Act 1961
- Candidates who have Completed the Course, Act Apprentice under the Apprenticeship, Act before attaining the age of 25 years for the UR category candidates the upper age limit is 35 Years
OBC-NCL (Non-Creamy Layer) upper age limit is 38 Years
SC/ST category candidates have an upper age limit of 40 Years
Visual Strength For Different Medical Status
IF your medical status is A-1 then you have to be physically fit in all respects and your visual activity should be:
Distance Vision: 6/6, 6/6 without glasses with fogging test (must not accept +2D) Near Vision: Sn: 0.6,0.6 without glasses and Must pass tests for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Field of Vision, Night Vision, Mesopic Vision, etc
If you belong to B-1 medical standard then you have to physically fit in all respect and your visual strength should be:
Distance Vision: 6/9, 6/12 with or without glasses (power of lenses not to exceed 4D) Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required and Must pass the test for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Night Vision, Mesopic Vision etc
For B-2 medical standard, you have to be physically fit in all respect and your visual activity should be:
Distance Vision: 6/9, 6/12 with or without glasses (power of lenses not to exceed 4D). Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required and Must pass the test for Binocular Vision etc
IF your medical status is C-1 then you have to be physically fit in all respects and your visual activity should be:
Distance Vision: 6/12, 6/18 with or without glasses. Near Vision: Sn: 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required
RRB Kolkata Recruitment 2018- Pay Scale
The salary structure of RRB Kolkata ALP and Technicians is the Level 02 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix. Along with that, an initial payment of Rs 19,900/- along with this you will get other allowances.
RRB Kolkata Recruitment 2018- How To Apply
If you have fulfilled all the eligibility criteria, you can apply for your desired post now. Go through the following details and get to know about the applying process.
- At first, visit the official website http://www.rrbkolkata.gov.in
- Then, search for the link provided on the website, to download the application form, you may find the link from the notification section of the page
- Click on the link and after clicking the link you will go to a new page, here you have to provide all of your necessary information in addition to that a passport size recent photograph and your sign
- Click on the submit button. A new window will open and you have to pay the application fee here through the various medium. The fee is different for different category candidates
- Finish the payment process and download the application form. Keep a hard copy of the same for future use
RRB Kolkata Recruitment 2018- Subjects & Marks All Location
Two stages are there to select employees for RRB Kolkata.
First Stage is CBT
Second Stage is CBT(Part A) & CBT(Part- B)
The CBT includes a number of subjects, have a look at the subjects and the topics included in the syllabus.
- General Intelligence
- General Science
- General Awareness on Current Affairs
The CBT(Part A) includes subjects like…
- General Intelligence & Reasoning
- Basic Science and Engineering
- General Awareness on Current Affairs
The second stage CBT (Part B)
There will be 75 questions to complete within 60 minutes. This part is quite easy to qualify. And this part is only for the technicians.
Marks Allocations For CBT
- There will be 20 marks allocated for Mathematics
- For General Intelligence and Reasoning 25
- 20 marks will be allocated for General Science
- For General Awareness and Current Affairs, 10 marks are allocated
There will be three stage to select technicians. Take a look…
- The online exam is the first stage
- The Computer-Based Aptitude test is the second stage
- And the third stage is Document Verification
RRB Kolkata Recruitment 2018- Group D Exam Date & Admit Card
If you are waiting for the exam dates and hall tickets then here is the information for you.
The exam date of RRB Kolkata 2018 has been declared. You have to go to the official website of RRB Kolkata to check for the same. The hall ticket is already available on the official site, download it from there. You must keep a hard copy for future use.
And you should keep in mind that the hall ticket is the must thing to bring into the examination hall.
However, I have shared every bit of information in my article. Gather the details from here and prepare yourself accordingly. If you want to stay updated
with the latest information on similar exams, then stay in touch. Whenever any new information comes out I will let you know as soon as possible. Candidates looking for RRB Malda Recruitment 2018 details can find all the required information as well. Best wishes are with you for your coming days.