Everybody wants a Government job, right? And when the job is under Central Government- it’s like a cherry on top! Well, the Staff Selection Commission of India, going to release a notice soon regarding the Combined Graduation Level examination. And that is going to open a door of opportunities for the job seekers, like you. So, if you want to be in the safe side, as in don’t want to run out of information ever; then, here are the details of SSC CGL 2019, that are worth your checking.
We always advise you to be one step up the ladder. And that is really needed when you crave for a fruitful result. Hence, you must collect all the important information beforehand, even before the exam notice get published. The best thing is, you don’t need to get thrashed here and there, as we have integrated all the related details within a few scrolls of your touchpad.
So, without wasting another minute, check now- what information we have, regarding SSC CGL 2019!
SSC CGL 2019 Notification
The Staff Selection Commission conducts Combined Graduation Level examination annually to select the candidates for different Group- B and Group- C posts. The recruitment is done in the various departments or ministries or organizations under the Central Government of India. The official schedule of SSC CGL 2019 is estimated to be released on March.
The organization body has created different Tiers or stages to conduct the examination- Tier-I, Tier-II, Tier-III, Tier-IV.
Now have a look at the eligibility criteria and other major details.
If you want to be eligible for this CGL examination then your citizenship must fulfil one of the below criteria.
- You should be an Indian Citizen
- If you are a subject of Nepal or Bhutan then you are also eligible
- In case, you are a Tibetan refugee who moved to India, before 1962 and has settled down here permanently, then you are eligible
- Else, you have to be a person of Indian origin who have moved to India from other countries, like Pakistan, Kenya, Uganda, Sri Lank etc and have settled down here permanently
Age Limit & Age Relaxation
You can go for the SSC CGL 2019 examination, only when your age is-
not less than 18 years and not more than 32 years.
- The age relaxation is for the reserved category candidates only.
- For the SC/ST candidates, the upper age relaxation is 5 years
- OBC category candidates will have upper age relaxation of 3 years
- 10 years of age relaxation for the Physically Handicapped candidates
- For the PH+OBC category candidates, the upper age relaxation is 13 years
- And 15 years of age relaxation for the PH+SC/ST candidates
If you satisfy both of the above criteria then, you must go for checking the requirements of Educational Qualification now. Take a look.
The basic requirement is-
An undergraduate level Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University or Institution.
But the requirements are different for different posts. Scroll down to know.
|Name Of The Posts||Educational Qualification|
|Statistical Investigator Grade II||Any Bachelor’s Degree from recognized University or Institute with at least 60% in Mathematics at Higher Secondary (12th or equivalent) level OR Any Bachelor’s Degree from recognized University or Institute with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level|
|Compiler||Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University or Institution. Additionally, candidates must have studied either Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or elective subject|
|Assistant Audit Officer||Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute
Cost & Management Accountant / Chartered Accountant / Company Secretary /Masters in Commerce/Business Studies/Business Administration (Finance)/ Business Economics
|Assistant Section Officer (CSS)||Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute
In addition to the basic Undergraduate Degree, candidates must also qualify in theComputer Proficiency Test
Physical Fitness Requirements(Inspector, Central Excise, Examiner, Preventive officer, Sub-inspector in CBI only)
- Hight should be- 157.5cm
- Chest must be- 81cm with a minimum of 5cm expansion
- Walking- You have to cover 1600 meters in 15 minutes
- Cycling- You have to walk 8 km in 30 minutes
- Highet should be- 152cm
- Weight must be 48kgs
- Walking- You have to cover 1000 meters in 15 minutes
- Cycling- You have to walk 3kms in 25 minutes
Now you know about all the eligibility criteria. If you satisfy all of them, then you must check the exam pattern and syllabus now.
Brief About Tier-I, II, III & IV, Exam Pattern, Exam Syllabus
As you already know that the four phases are here to choose the candidates depending on their abilities. now, it’s time to know about these Tiers in detail. It will surely help you to understand the exam pattern properly.
Exam Pattern Highlights
Both online and offline mode are here to accomplish the exams. Now have a look at the highlights.
- The conducting body of this SSC Combined Graduate Level Examination(CGL) is, Staff Selection Commission (SSC)
- Tier-I and Tier-II will be conducted via online mode
- Tier-III will be conducted offline
- Tier-IV will be a Computer-based Skill Test
Anyway, you can visit the official website for more information. As we are explaining everything in brief, still if you have any confusion you can clear it by visiting the official website. However, let’s know the exam pattern in details now. You can also take a look at Bihar Vidhan Sabha Recruitment to know all about the required details of the recruitment.
SSC CGL Exam Pattern In Details
This phase, Tier-I is mandatory for all the posts and the marks you get in this stage will be added for the further process of selection. This objective type exam will comprise 200 questions. And you have to complete the whole paper within 75 minutes.
- There will be one paper
- The number of questions will be 200
- Four sections will be there
- General Intelligence and Reasoning
- General Awareness/ General knowledge
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Comprehension
- Total marks will be 200
- Given time- 75 minutes
- Negative marking will be there for each wrong answer
- This objective type examination will be conducted through online mode
If you can clear the cut off for Tier-I then you will get entry to Tier-II- the next phase. Now, look at the details of Tier-II.
SSC CGL exam pattern 2019 Tier II conducts four papers. On the same day you have give examination for these four papers.
This Tier-II examination is comparatively tough than the Tier-1 examination. This examination will also have the objective type questions only. That you have to complete within 2 hours.
- The number of papers will be Four
- Subjects in each paper will be-
- Paper- 1: Quantitative Ability
- Paper-2: English Language and Comprehension
- Paper-3: Statistics (only for the post of Statistical Investigator Gr. II & Compiler
- Paper-4: General Studies (Finance and Economics) (Only for the post of Assistant Audit Officer)
- Total marks will be 800; each of the paper will comprise 200 marks
- You will get 2 hours to complete the whole paper
- Mode of the examination will be Online
- Objective types questions will be provided
- This phase comprises negative marking. 0.25 marks will be deducted for each wrong answer
If you can clear this Tier-II then you will head towards the next stage. and that is- Tier-III. Scroll now for more information.
SSC CGL 2019 Tier-III is a descriptive type test. This test will be conducted via pen and paper node. This one-hour offline test will comprise 100 marks.
- Number of papers will be one in this Tier-III
- The total marks will be 100
- And question type will be descriptive’
- Three sections will be provided
- Essay Writing
- Letter/Application Writing
- Passage Writing
- One hour will be given to you to complete the full paper
- And the mode of examination will be online
- This portion will also contain negative marking. 0.50 marks will be deducted for each of the wrong answers
If you manage to clear this stage then you will be one step away from getting the job! Look below for more info regarding the last stage, Tier-IV
In this stage, your proficiency in computer knowledge will be determined. You don’t have to score well in this, as this phase is qualifying in nature.
- There is nothing like total marks, it’s only qualifying in nature
- You will get 15 minutes to prove yourself
- The tests of, Data Entry Skill Test (DEST), and Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) will be conducted
- The examination mode will be online
- Data entry skill test will be held only for the candidates who have applied for the post of Tax assistants (in Central Excise and Income Tax)
- Criteria for this post is: 8000 key depression per hour
- The Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) will be conducted to taste your skill. And this test is only for the candidates applying for the post of Assistant Section Officer
- Three modules: Word Processing, Spreadsheet, and Generation of Slides
Now, you know about all these four phases and other important details. It’s time to wait for the official notification. And whenever you get all the details like application submission date, exam date and another major one; you must start preparing according to the SSC CGL Syllabus. make your preparation compact. And get ready to start your career on a higher note. Best of luck for your coming days!